New Beginnings strives to build a meaningful, welcoming and equitable workplace, inclusive of diverse voices, experiences and perspectives. New Beginnings is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors, people of color and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply.
Represent the values and mission of New Beginnings to the community with compassion and integrity. Contribute to the establishment and fulfillment of the agency’s development goals. Expand and sustain a robust individual major gifts program, developing strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward select donors and prospects. Support the Development Director, Executive Director and Board Members in managing their major gift portfolios. Provide audience development support for events programs.
Exempt at 40 hours per week, primarily Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend commitments.
$59,500 + DOE; medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; retirement contribution; paid time off, education leave and training allowance.
Major Gifts (70%)
• Lead the major gifts effort, including donor prospecting, identification, research, qualifying, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors (gifts of $1,000+).
• Prepare solicitation planning sheets and proposals for meetings with individual major donors and prospects.
• Manage a portfolio of 75-100 current and prospective major donors.
• Conduct regular, ongoing, one-on-one cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings with donors and prospects.
• Partner with the Executive Director, Development Director and Board members to manage and ensure the most strategic use of their leadership and involvement in major gift stewardship, solicitation and recognition.
• Use “moves management” strategies, track all actions in the Raiser’s Edge database, and complete timely and accurate Contact Reports in Raiser’s Edge following interactions with donors.
• In collaboration with the Development Director, identify metrics to measure annual and multi-years goals and progress to plan.
• Lead a monthly donor strategy meeting with the Development Director and Executive Director.
• Lead the major gift strategy to meet or exceed annual and multi-year goals for major gifts.
Donor Events (15%)
• Attend, and in some cases assist or provide leadership, to plan and implement major donor stewardship events and house parties.
• Attend all donor engagement events, including New Beginnings signature events and annual donor appreciation event.
• Assist in identifying and soliciting donors for matching gift funds for events as appropriate.
• Assist with audience development for events as appropriate in regard to major donors.
• Collaborate with the Donor Communications and Grants Manager on print and electronic communications and otherwise as appropriate.
Department Support (5%)
• Collaborate with the Development Director and other development staff on the creation of annual development plans.
• Represent New Beginnings at community events, staffing public speaking engagements where needed.
• Provide support to the Special Events Manager as needed; collaborate to ensure post-event engagement strategies support major gift activities.
• Participate in staff meetings, planning days and agency trainings.
• Participate in professional fundraising training opportunities.
• Provide back-up for administrative office staff: answering phones, receiving visitors, collecting and sorting daily mail.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Director or the Executive Director.
• Commitment to the mission of New Beginnings and to the needs to domestic violence survivors.
• Willingness to learn about and promote equity and social justice within and outside of New Beginnings.
• Requires a minimum of five years development experience, including at least two years of successful major gifts ($1,000+) fundraising efforts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to think strategically
• Ability to create and sustain strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and donors
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge; MS Office products, especially Word and Excel
• The ability to work well within a team and provide leadership as needed
• Demonstrated success in project management
• Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail
• A dependable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance
Email resume and cover letter detailing experience to email@example.com
. Open until filled. Additional agency information available at www.newbegin.org